Monthly Archives: October 2015
sudo /sbin/rcvboxdrv setup
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1GZ67b7
Nemo With Unity Patches (And Without Cinnamon Dependencies) Available For Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Updated To Version 2.8.0
- new extension: Nemo Audio Tab (adds an audio tab to the Properties dialog);
- combine the search bar and query editor (it’s now similar to Nautilus);
- show comments as tooltips for actions in the action configuration dialog;
- the Nemo script and action paths are no longer hardcoded;
- connect-to-server: remember the last connection type;
- fixed segfault occuring when opening a saved search tree view in the list view;
- fixed a bug where if the user first tries the SMB method, enters a domain, and then tries another method (e.g, ssh), the code would incorrectly prepend the domain to the username;
- List View: fixed column sorting when default sort type is “Detailed type”;
- List View: fixed default sort order bug;
- fixed a couple of drag-and-drop issues when there are no bookmarks, or when the xdg-bookmark area is empty.
Here’s the new combined search bar and query editor:
For comparison, this is how it looked before Nemo 2.8.0:
Install Nemo with Unity patches in Ubuntu
For how to install Nemo with Unity patches in Ubuntu (15.10, 15.04 and 14.04) and optionally set it as your default file manager, see our initial article:
Install Nemo With Unity Patches (And Without Cinnamon Dependencies) In Ubuntu
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1W8IMut
Unity / desktop changes in Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf)
Other Unity changes include:
- dragging an app from Dash to the Desktop to create a shortcut should now work properly;
- added option to enable and disable Unity low graphics mode on the fly in CCSM or via gsettings;
- fixed issues with “Always on Top” windows and Dash / HUD;
- improved Dash keyboard navigation (you can now use page up/down keyboard navigation in Dash – when using these keys the view scrolls the length of the visible view; category headers that are not expandable are now skipped);
- It’s no longer possible to shutdown the computer when the screen is locked (this fixed a security issue which allowed the user to interact with programs that were still running for about 3 seconds, according to THIS bug report) ;
- various other bug fixes and small enhancements – a complete Unity changelog can be found HERE.
Applications / packages
Download Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf)
- Xubuntu: download | release notes;
- Ubuntu MATE: download | release notes;
- Ubuntu GNOME: download | release notes;
- Kubuntu: download | release notes;
- Lubuntu: download | release notes;
- Ubuntu Kylin: download | release notes;
- Ubuntu Studio: download | release notes (not yet available).
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1MbStsQ
Owners of AT&T’s LG G4 will soon be receiving an OTA firmware update containing tweaks, bug fixes and the usual performance enhancements. Join us after the break for the change log.
The update brings a host of enhancements to the following areas:
- LG Backup
- Exchange Active Sync
- Touch improvements
If you haven’t received the update notification yet, just go to Settings/ General/ About Phone and tap Software Info to see if the update is available for your device. It comes in at 420MB, so if you have a data cap, you might want to think about connecting to WiFi before installing the update that will bump your firmware to build #LMY47D. Let us know if the update improves your experience with the G4.
Come comment on this article: AT&T rolls out OTA update to LG G4 with bugfixes and performance enhancements
from Android News, Rumours, and Updates http://ift.tt/1NuhY8R
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1G2tOEe
Bethesda, developer of the popular gaming series, Fallout, earlier this year announced a limited edition series of its new Fallout 4 game. This edition was the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy edition which would come with both a pip boy sleeve which you could slot your phone in and then use the pip-boy app for a second screen experience.
Originally the app was slated to be released to iOS and Android devices only causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth among Windows Phone Fallout fans.
This week however, in a blogpost on its Website, Bethesda quietly announced that Windows Phone would be getting the Pip Boy app after all.
The Fallout 4 Pip-Boy App is usable in tandem with Fallout 4 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. The App is supported on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices
This is good news for any Windows Phone user who wants to get the full Fallout 4 experience when it launches, and takes the app gap down by at least one app.
Would you be playing Fallout boy? Let us know in the comments below.
from WMPoweruser http://ift.tt/1L3Hk9L
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1GAsqDU