Changes in Tilix 1.5.8 include:
- window state is now saved and restored between sessions (e.g. if a window is maximized when closed, it will be maximized when you launch Tilix again);
- sessions can be detached using drag and drop. They can also be re-attached to another Tilix window;
- sessions can now be reordered using drag and drop or by using Ctrl + Pg Up / Ctrl + Pg Dn;
- if Ctrl + C is assigned to copy shortcut, tilix is smart enough to only copy when text is selected otherwise normal interrupt is passed;
- added new variable for titles at session scope for active terminal title;
- added support for GTK active CSS style. This sould enable better styling of terminal titlebars;
- added support for VTE hyperlink functionality;
- bug fixes.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/terminix
sudo apt update
sudo apt install tilix
Changes in Guake 0.8.9 include:
- a new option was added which allows running a script when the Guake window becomes visible (this is available on the “Hooks” tab);
- added an option for toggling ‘resizer’ visibility;
- tabs now share the full screen width;
- the ‘Quick open’ feature now also matches /home path;
- added “-l” command line option to get the tab label;
- fixed quick open not working with dash;
- Unity screen size fixes.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/unstable
sudo apt update
sudo apt install guake
If you don’t want to add the PPA, you can download the Guake deb from HERE (scroll down for the latest version).
To download the Guake source, report bugs, etc., see its GitHub page.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2rb9E7C
Install KDE Connect Indicator fork in Ubuntu or Linux Mint via new PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/indicator-kdeconnect
sudo apt update
sudo apt install indicator-kdeconnect
If you encounter bugs, report them @ GitHub.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2nRVqVc
|Polo file properties – audio info|
Other Polo features worth mentioning:
- multiple views: list, icons, tiles and media;
- easily open folders as root (with pkexec support);
- extended details when replacing existing files;
- statusbar that displays the number of files, folders (including hidden), along with available disk space and a disk space indicator, and the filesystem type;
- bookmarks support (web browser-like: a star is displayed at the right of the pathbar);
- media view: when Polo detects you’re browsing a folder containing photos or videos, it switches to a 256×256 size icon view to make it easier to browse through items;
- media info in the file properties dialog, which displays EXIF tags (such as exposure, iso, camera model and much more) and audio info (artist, album, track name, along with audio format, bit rate, etc.), PDF metadata, etc.
- tabs can be renamed;
- keyboard shortcuts;
- toolbar button and context menu to open current folder in a terminal.
Work in progress
While in my test, I only encountered two major bugs (very slow copying folders with a large number of files and the app crashes when entering a folder with a large number of images), there are a few major features that are missing, like support for drag’n’drop and trash, along with many missing bits and pieces (like type-ahead). And, of course, there are some bugs as well. But that’s to be expected since Polo is beta software.
The next beta version is expected to be released on April 8.
Getting Polo file manager
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2oIGrRf
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS will go back to using GNOME as the default desktop environment, instead of Unity.
“I took the view that, if convergence was the future and we could deliver it as free software, that would be widely appreciated both in the free software community and in the technology industry, where there is substantial frustration with the existing, closed, alternatives available to manufacturers. I was wrong on both counts.
In the community, our efforts were seen fragmentation not innovation. And industry has not rallied to the possibility, instead taking a ‘better the devil you know’ approach to those form factors, or investing in home-grown platforms. What the Unity8 team has delivered so far is beautiful, usable and solid, but I respect that markets, and community, ultimately decide which products grow and which disappear”.– Mark Shuttleworth
Check out the complete article HERE.
What do you think?
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2o0JSjk
Other changes in PB For Desktop 5.0.0 include:
- improved memory & CPU resource usage;
- added interface font size control;
- reduced download and application size by 1/3;
- fixed application name and title of mirrored pushes;
- fixed title and body for API url pushes;
- fixed an issue related to snooze mode.
Download PB For Desktop
Important: For new PB For Desktop installations, you may encounter an error the first time you run the application. This only occurs once and you can ignore it, as the application should still work. I reported this issue HERE.
Report any bugs you may find @ GitHub.
Fix PB For Desktop AppIndicator not being displayed in Ubuntu 17.04
A. Fix the menu entry:
mkdir -p ~/.local/share/applications/
cp /usr/share/applications/pb-for-desktop.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/
sed -i 's/^Exec.*/Exec=env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=Unity \"\/opt\/PB for Desktop\/pb-for-desktop\"/' ~/.local/share/applications/pb-for-desktop.desktop
B. Fix the autostart file.
cp ~/.config/autostart/pb-for-desktop.desktop ~/.config/autostart/pb-for-desktop-fixed.desktop
sed -i 's/^Exec.*/Exec=env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=Unity \"\/opt\/PB for Desktop\/pb-for-desktop\"/' ~/.config/autostart/pb-for-desktop-fixed.desktop
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2nAIimC