See what’s actually happening on your network with Glasswire Pro
Posted by ishubhamsingh
When I was a poor college student, I stole wifi.
Yes, I know. I’m reprehensible.
But this wasn’t just your run of the mill, someone-left-their-network-unsecured wifi borrowing. I mean, that’s like picking up a fiver that you found on the street. If it’s just lying there waiting for anyone to take it, can it really be called stealing?
No, this was deliberate, conscious, active theft. One of my neighbors left their router with the default name. A quick Google search showed me what that router’s default admin creds were, and bingo I became the network administrator.
If they would have had GlassWire Pro, they would have seen the suspicious activity and booted me off immediately
Now, I didn’t use my powers for evil to any capacity. I just needed to be able to do research and send emails. Okay, and watch Netflix. And play on Xbox Live.
My point is, I did this for nearly two years, and my neighbor was none the wiser.
However, if they would have had GlassWire Pro, they would have seen the suspicious activity and booted me off immediately, reclaiming their network for their own.
Since I’ve been on the other side of things, I’m now a much more cautious wifi administrator. And more than just my network, I like to be extra cautious about what my computer is doing without telling me.
That’s why I use GlassWire.
Beautifully informative. 4.5/5 Stars. ~PCWorld
…attractive, easy-to-use network monitor. ~PC Advisor
I’m assuming you have virus protection already, but if a virus does happen to slip through, one of the first things it usually does is compromise your antivirus software. It will also hide its activity from you the best that it can.
GlassWire Pro gives you a easy to read, visual tracking system that lets you keep up with everything your computer is doing. It also notifies you if it detects any suspicious activity.
GlassWire Pro in a Glance
- Network monitor visualizes current & past network activity by traffic type, app, & geographic location
- Threat monitoring reveals hosts that are known threats, unexpected network system file changes, & much more
- Firewall reveals all your network activity so you can easily see what your computer is doing in the background
- Notifies you when a new app or service accesses the web for the first time
- Reveals network activity that occurred while you were away or logged out from your computer
- Monitors remote servers where you host websites, apps, or games
- Keeps you under your bandwidth usage by alerting you to all possible internet overages
- Incognito mode hides all network activity or lets you clear it
Normally this software goes for $100, but for the next few days, GlassWire is having a 70% off special that drops it to $29. If you want to get super serial about your security, you can spring for the Elite version of Glasswire, which is currently $49 (down from $200)
Ready to get a better handle on what exactly your computer is doing when you’re not watching? Choose your tier of software below!
from Android Authority http://ift.tt/2qjhtce
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2q0xy3N