Vodafone UK launches the entry-level 4G Smart Speed for £50
Vodafone has just launched the Smart Speed smartphone, a 4G capable handset aimed squarely at the budget-conscious consumer. The 4.5-inch Smart Speed runs Android 5.1 Lollipop and will retail for £50 on Pay As You Go.
The Smart Speed carries the level of specification you might expect for a handset costing just £50, the details of which are below.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 4.5-Inch LCD with 854 x 480 resolution (FWVGA)
- Quad-core MediaTek MTK6735 processor clocked at 1GHz
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal storage
- MicroSD card support (up to 32GB)
- 5MP Rear camera with flash and HDR+
- 2MP front camera
- 4G (LTE-CAT4)/ GSM/ EDGE/3G/HSPA+
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 / A2DP/ GPS
- Battery: 1,780mAh
- 3.5mm Audio jack
- Dimensions: 132.2 x 65.1 x 9.99mm
- Weight: 146 grams
For £50 (plus a £10 top-up), the Smart Speed seems like a viable option for those of us either on limited budgets or possibly as a child’s or grandparent’s first smartphone. It isn’t going to take on the likes of the Moto G in terms of speed, but then, it isn’t designed to. What do you make of the Vodafone Smart Speed?
Come comment on this article: Vodafone UK launches the entry-level 4G Smart Speed for £50
from Android News, Rumours, and Updates http://ift.tt/1OGcRSI
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1N1y7SJ