Shazam for Android version 4.0 has hit Google Play, adding a swathe of new features and design tweaks. The new app gives Android users a modern, Holo-inspired interface that scales to all Android devices, including a wider variety of tablets. The new edition of the popular song recognition application can now return results far quicker than before, and the new user interface now features a Shazam dial rather than the “sweep” action of previously.
With the new design, Android users can now get information about music videos, songs and artists, lyrics of a song, or share their results on social networks. And album artwork in results is of a higher quality and larger than any previous generation.
The last major addition in this update is, an easy to click button to help users buy a track from Amazon. If Android users do not yet have the Amazon MP3 app on their device, they can still purchase digital files from a mobile-optimised Amazon home page.
Both the free and Encore versions of the app have been updated, and they each feature unlimited tagging. The main difference is that the paid-for Shazam Encore removes the banner adverts that appear throughout the free edition.
It also brings the iOS version’s faster sound scans and more dynamic listening screen. While there aren’t many other changes, there’s more than enough here to justify grabbing the update through Google Play.
Shazam 4.0 brings following features to the app:
- Shazam’s core features for music – now in a beautiful new design – includes information about the song and artist, music videos, lyrics, sharing on social networks, and more.
- An exciting new UI featuring an updated listening screen.
- Shazam has replaced the “sweep” action with an updated blue Shazam dial that responds to music
- Optimization for Android tablet devices gives users a fantastic new full-screen interface to make discovery a more fun and engaging experience.
- Improved album artwork easier than ever to buy music at Amazon via Shazam on Android devices
via Blogger http://wetechgeeks.blogspot.com/2013/09/shazam-40-for-android-brings-redesigned.html